Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 45 (July 23rd)

Our day started at 4:15AM when Hannah and Zach both had to go to the bathroom at the same time. Hannah said, “I don’t feel good, I think I’m going to vomit”. At that point, I got out of bed and went into the bathroom with Hannah and she was coughing over the toilet. One minute later she was puking up dinner. Al and I think it was the bacon wraps she ate the night before, but we don’t know for sure. I cleaned up the toilet and gave Hannah some mouthwash before heading back to bed. Zach couldn’t sleep so he joined us in bed. It was a rough night, I don’t think I fell back to sleep until 5:30 AM. Al went to work later than usual and I blew off the corner bakery. The kids slept late and Hannah was not feeling so great when she finally woke up. We hung out in the apartment until we met Al for lunch. It was raining out so we went downstairs to the Carsch Haus. I had a turkey sandwich on bagel, Zach had a pretzel and Hannah had some Coke. Hannah drank a few sips of Coke and sat there with her head in her arms just wanting to go back home. Lunch was quick and we headed back to the apartment. The kids rested a lot and Hannah started feeling much better by late afternoon. We decided to have Korean food with YH at Shilla for dinner. Hannah had some plain rice, Zach had some thin sliced beef (which he complained about because “it was different from last time”). YH and I split a very good spicy soup and we ordered a few other good dishes. Hannah was definitely feeling better since she started annoying/fighting with her brother. After dinner we went to the supermarket and picked up a few items and then headed home. At home we watched Gilmore Girls and relaxed since everybody was exhausted from a difficult night before.

No comments: