Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Day 46 (July 24th)
Woke up and went to the corner bakery for breakfast. I brought food back to the room and the kids were still sleeping. They finally got up around 10:30 AM. It was rainy and cold out so I did some blogging in the morning until lunchtime. We met Al at the office at 12:30 PM and decided to go for sandwiches at Space Burger. Al and I had chicken sandwiches, Hannah had a burger and Zach had a plain chicken sandwich. We all split a large serving of fries and country potatoes. Al had to get back to the office so the kids and I hung out at the restaurant for a while before leaving. After lunch we decided to walk around and check out the stores. First we went to Game Stop and played some games and then went to another handful of stores. Since this is our last week in Dusseldorf, I let the kids go to a souvenir shop and pick up some stuff. Hannah bought a couple of postcards for her collection and Zach ended up getting a nail clipper with a Dusseldorf emblem on it (that’s what he wanted). On the way home we stopped at a couple of stores that we pass everyday but never went into. One was an American clothes store and the other was a Horse store (Hannah is into horses lately). We finally got back to the room after 5:30 PM. For dinner we decided to have Italian food at a restaurant we had been to before since Zach liked the lasagna he ate there last time. Besides YH and Rajina, Rich (Al’s colleague) joined for dinner. We ate outside and I had the escargot for an appetizer and a salmon in pepper sauce with an Alt beer for the entree. Hannah had a tomato soup and Zach had the lasagna. Dinner was good. After dinner we walked over to our crepe place for dessert and then walked around the Alstadt before heading home. We all watched an episode or two of Gilmore Girls before hitting the sack after 12:30 AM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment