Sunday, July 22, 2007
Day 10 (June 14th)
Went to breakfast and met YH at our corner restaurant. Changed it up and had a creamy yogurt with fruit (Quark mit Friten) along with an apricot pound cake w/chocolate milk. Not bad. Walked Al to work and then headed back to the room to start the day. Decided I would walk north of Dusseldorf and see what was up there. Ran into a couple of nice sculptures in town and took some pictures. Continued on my way along the Rhine and saw a strange monument on the other side of the street. As I walked closer I noticed a German cross and carved German soldiers on the wall. There was a gate and what looked like a concrete casket behind it. There was an inscription above it "Fuer Des Deutschen volkes ehre und Freiheit". Not sure what it means. Took some pictures and continued on my way. Made it up to the Aquazoo which is in Nordpark. I believe this is an aquarium of some sort. Walked around the grounds which had fountains and large flower beds. Found a great spot under a tree and had my picnic lunch (turkey sandwich with cheese and chocolate for dessert). Hung out for a while since it was so relaxing. Walked around some more after lunch and found a small Japanese garden at the park. Started heading out of the park and the sky started getting very dark. Then it started to drizzle and I saw the lightening get closer. I had remembered passing a cafe on the water earlier on and started to step it up now that the rain was falling. Made it to the cafe called Haus am Rhein and sat at the bar and had a nice Paulaner Weiber beer. I updated my journal and waited for the rain to pass. Finished by beer and was on my way. Headed back to the apartment and met Al for dinner. We (Al, Rajni, YH and myself) went to a Korean restaurant for dinner since YH is from Seoul. He ordered the meal since he knew the dishes and can speak the language. We had a typical Korean drink call Sonjul. It was rice wine that was clear and didn't have a strong alcohol flavor. Not bad. I ordered a maltztrunk, thinking it was a dark beer but instead it was a non-alcoholic malt drink that didn't taste good. Rajni liked it so he finished it off. I ordered a weizen beer instead. Food was very good. We had all sorts of dishes with different sauces and great flavor. We finished dinner and walked around town. Rajni got a crepe with nutella and we walked around all the bars and then headed home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment