Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Day 7 (June 11th)
Woke up and had breakfast at our usual spot on the corner but today we were joined by Rajni (Al's colleague). After breakfast I walked around town during the day and went over to Avis to make sure everything worked out with the car and got a receipt. I also found out that they have a standard weekend offer to rent a G class (luxury) car for 132 Euros. You get to pick up the car on Friday after 12:00 PM and return it by 9:00 AM on Monday. I reserved a car for June 22 to go to Berlin. I then walked over to the cellphone place and found out that my cell wasn't working because I didn't have a SIM card in it. I had lunch with Al, Rajni and a new guy from Seoul, Korea named YH. They all worked for Citibank and staying in Dusseldorf for a couple of months. We went to a restaurant near work and sat outside. I had beef and pasta with a beer. Walked around after lunch and headed back to the apartment. Met Al back at our room later on and had dinner with Rajni and YH. We walked to the promenade on the Rhine and ate dinner on the river. I had a shrimp dish and a couple of big beers (nice Heifweizens). The shrimp were large but still in their shells (doesn't seem like any of the restaurants remove the shell for you). Food was nothing special. Rajni was still hungry since he had a funky fish dish that looked like it was barely cooked. We walked around and stopped at a Lebanese restaurant and had ice cream and baklava (very tasty). We then headed back to the apartment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment