Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 22 (June 26th)

Woke up to another overcast day and went to our corner bakery for breakfast. In typical German fashion the person we see everyday is not warm and friendly. I tried Al's cheese sandwich today along with a chocolate milk instead of my usual meal. Walked Al to her office and then came back to the room. Finally finished the puzzle which I needed to do since we are packing up tonight to head back to Atlanta tomorrow morning. We have a 5:00 AM taxi picking us up tomorrow. Al and I are both excited to be home and sleep in our own beds for a few nights. Then on Thursday we pick the kids up from camp. Saturday we are heading over to the Miller's for a pool party. Hopefully it will be a nice sunny day so we can swim. Met Al for lunch and again went down to the Carisch Haus area to have lunch. We tried an Italian restaurant today. I had a spinach lasagna and another pasta with vegetables. They gave us very large portions and it was very tasty. After lunch I dropped Al off at the office and went to Avis and got a receipt for the rental car this weekend. Picked up a nice Paulander Hefeweisbier on the way home since my goal today was to get completely up to speed on all my blogs. With this blog I have accomplished my goal for the day. Al came home and we went out to dinner for Korean food at the place we ate last week. Besides Al, myself, YH and Rajni, two other Citibank people who flew in from India joined us. We had a bunch of different beef, vegetable, chicken and noodle dishes, all of which were good. Washed it down with a couple of Heiferweizen and I was good to go. We headed back to the room after dinner because we had to pack up and head out tomorrow morning. Since we were staying in the same building but changing rooms we had to pack all of our stuff up. We packed a couple of bags to bring back to Atlanta. One of the bags was completely full with dirty laundry so we can wash it at home vs. doing it downstairs at the apartment. We also packed a few bags to leave in Dusseldorf in Rajni's room. It was 12:00 AM before we got into bed and had to wake up at 4:30 AM to catch our 5:00 AM taxi.

No comments: