Saturday, July 21, 2007

Day 11 (June 15th)

Woke up and went to our corner bakery for breakfast and then walked Al to work. I went back to the apartment and hung out in the backyard and did research on Amsterdam and wrote some emails. Met Al for lunch and went to a pizza place that we had passed walking around. I had a seafood pizza with a lot of calamari on it. It was good but not as good as the other pizza place (Lupo) across the street. Both places served pizza that has a thin crust not the thick type you get in the States. Walked around the Alstadt to walk lunch off a little and then headed back to the room. I spent the afternoon working on putting my pictures onto the computer and burning them to cd. Al met me back at the room and then we had dinner at Zum Schiffen. This is the oldest restaurant in Dusseldorf. Their claim to fame is that Napolean ate there. I had a sauerkraut soup with sour cream and chives as an appetizer. For dinner I had the sauerbraten with cabbage and potato. The potato was a single dense ball that sticks to the fork. I had a couple of beers to wash it down. The speciality in these German restaurants is the Pork Knuckle which is the size of a bowling ball. Although this restaurant had the best German food we had eaten so far, it was still German food. We walked around and then got some ice cream and headed home.

No comments: